Enhance IT workload performance
Up to 88 Intel® processor cores and 48 DIMMS of DDR4 memory offer tremendous computational horsepower for heavy-use workloads in exceptionally demanding database, technical computing and virtualized environments.
- Power through compute-intensive workloads with 83 percent more processing cores per socket than previous-generation Intel processors.
- Get results faster from memory-intensive workloads with DDR4 DIMMs offering 28 percent higher MT/s than DDR3.
- Feed your IO-intensive workloads with up to 240Mbits of throughput using 24 x 10GbE ports connected to three redundant, low-latency fabrics.
- Accelerate data-intensive workloads, such as OLAP and other business intelligence applications, using 12 in-chassis SSDs, with expansion options of up to 25 2.5” HDDs or 72TBs with 3.5” HDDs
Expedite time to value
Reduce configuration, maintenance, imaging and deployment time and costs by standardizing on a single 4-socket E5-4600v4 platform in existing VRTX or M1000e blade server chassis for remote offices and data centers.
- Protect software-defined compute, storage and networking with Dell EMC Fault Resilient Memory and redundant embedded hypervisor.
- Automate operations with agent-free, 1-to-many systems management tools that pre-provision LAN and SAN resources and assist with BIOS, firmware and driver updates.
- Enable zero-touch discovery and configuration with template-based provisioning
Consolidate IT resources
Save expenses with physical and software-defined consolidation that optimizes application delivery using flexibly tailored IT. Meet business objectives by powering critical workloads with modular solutions designed specifically for data center and small-office environments:
- Reduce infrastructure sprawl by consolidating management modules, switches, power and network cabling, disk enclosures, and feature-dense 4S servers into a single chassis.
- Save floor space, power and cooling costs, and licensing fees by using core-dense M830s to create a software-defined environment from legacy infrastructure.
- Utilize vast local SSD and memory resources to develop software-defined standalone edge networking and DAS storage with VMware VSAN and Virtual Distributed Switch technologies
Simplify and automate management
Help lower cost and complexity with the embedded management and automation features of the Chassis Management Controller (CMC). Manage blades individually or collectively in groups, in one or multiple chassis, and in one or more locations in your network
Enable the future-ready data center
With exceptional flexibility, reliability and efficiency, our latest-generation blade servers are ready to run business-critical applications in data centers yet to come.
- Exceptional reliability: Shared server chassis feature hot-plug, redundant power and cooling, and servers include redundant embedded hypervisors, fault-resilient memory and multiple RAID options.
- Focused on efficiency: Help reduce your hardware footprint and lower your total cost of ownership with efficient power supplies and fans, enhanced power management features and Fresh Air 2.0 configurations